Friday, April 13, 2012

Nanaimo Sports | Recreation | Nia in Nanaimo

add to outlook add to google calendar remind me send to friend

Share

Friday, April 27th, 2012
Tuesdays 5:30pm - 6:30pm Fridays 10:30am - 11:30am

WHAT IS NIA?
Nia is awakening, inspirational, intelligent, shared action, creative, playful, easy going and optimistic, well this describes a Yellow Aura, but I feel this also perfectly describes what Nia means to me hence my company name, Yellow Aura Dancing.

The first question most people have when I tell them I teach Nia is "what is that"? I find this a very challenging question as Nia is so many things and I have found that it touches each individual differently.

Techniquely speaking Nia is a sensory based movement practice. Nia combines nine classic movement techniques three from the dance arts; Modern, Jazz and Duncan Dance, three from the martial arts; Aikido, Tae Kwon Do and Tai Chi and three from the healing arts; Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais method and Yoga.

Nia is danced traditionally barefoot and to music carefully chosen to stimulate and insprire.

Putting the combination of these nine movement practices to music makes a complete mind, body, emotion and spirit fitness class.

Nia is designed to help you move in "your bodies way" which makes it a fitness class that every"body" can enjoy.

The body is designed to move and I find the balance of Nia to be the perfect way to keep the whole body flexible, agile, mobile, stable and strong. These are known as the five body sensations in the Nia Technique.

Nia is the joy of movement! Love your body, love your life!

For more info go to:
http://www.nianow.com/tristin-campbell

What does Nia feel like or look like?
Here is a link to Shaw TV's coverage of my Nia class:
http://youtu.be/18oTAaejzz8

jason russell norfolk state st patrick s day parade duke invisible children garbage pail kids st bonaventure

No comments:

Post a Comment